October 5, 2016 – 8:30PM EST
Roll Call: Valerie, Linda Lee, Carmeta (Meta) French, Glenda Jaswal
Approve Minutes October 5, 2016
Report of Recording Secretary – Glenda, ask for dog events for confirmation. Need to know their list for the current ARTA BoD list. A form the secretary fills out showing officers. Valerie doesn’t believe this is correct and wants to be able to take their list and compare to ours and get it right. If my name is not on the list, ask if Linda Lee is and she may have to make the call to UKC
Report of Membership Secretary – Linda report is that she sent out an updated membership list as of 9/14/16. There are no new members.
Report of Treasurer –
Beginning Balance as of September 1, 2016 $5088.48
Withdrawals/Debits $25.00 transfer to savings
To prevent service charges
$46.57 to PayPal account to
pay web hosting fees
Ending Balance on September 30, 2016 $5,016.91
Beginning Balance as of September 1, 2016 $1250.17
Ending Balance on August 31, 2016 $1300.23
Total of all accounts: $6317.14
Lora Ament, Treasurer
Report of Regional Directors – Harriett / Jordon – no report
Newsletter Committee – Lora Ament – Lora has a September newsletter draft, sent on September 9. Valerie to send out for review and comment.
Website Committee (Ashley Bond, Webmaster) – Linda Lee and Valerie to review September 8th email on how to add minutes and breeder listings.
- Dec 2015 Specialty – Need to get ribbons: (Meta) The ribbons are at Amanda Hills. Linda is unaware of what was used or is left.
- Low Membership – Table this. Need a social committee to contribute to this.
- ARTA BOD positions: Get an email thread voting Meta’s interest in VP
- Send out an email recommending to vote Harriett Brown out; Valerie will send out an email to Harriett as a courtesy first.
- Meta French is considering becoming VP or Eastern Director
- Linda will contact Lois again for clarity. Rita Grasante’ needs to be invited to meetings to discover if she is a good fit for the group.
- Elections for 2017 – Valerie wrote up all the info on the agenda. Glenda to read up on it. Will talk to Linda and send out info to the rest of the group.
- Positions up for election June 2017:
- President, Recording Secretary, Membership Secretary, Eastern and Mountain directors
- Terms are 2 years – May continue in same position for 2 full concurrent terms
- Important Dates per C&B:
- By November 15 per C&B – BOD Assign a Nomination Committee, Tally Committee
- By January 15, 2017 – Nomination Committee submits slate of Nominees to Recording Secretary
- By February 1, 2017 – Recording Secretary mail or email slate of Nominees to Membership
- By March 15, 2017 – Members submit any additional nominations with written acceptance to Recording Secretary
- By March 31, 2017 – Mail election ballots to membership if there is more than 1 member interested in the same BOD position
- By May 1, 2017 – All ballot must be received by Chairperson of Tally Committee. Recording Secretary retains ballots for 2 years as part of official records
- By May 31, 2017 – Tally Chairperson reports election results to Membership Secretary.
- Membership Secretary completes Officer List form, obtains signatures of previous and new officers, submits list of new officers to UKC.
- By June 30, 2017 – Annual Membership meeting held announcing the new ARTA BODs. New officers take office immediately following meeting
- Specialty: Apple Valley Club would like to hold a Rat Terrier Specialty (possibly the Nationals) end of April 2017, most likely on Friday. Date to be determined soon. Westfield Fairgrounds in Massachusetts. Paperwork must be submitted before November 1st to avoid late fees.
- Carmeta (“Meta”) French is the Show Committee Chairperson and will start the arrangements. All agreements will be written contracts (UKC, Apple Valley, Judge). Ribbons from prior Specialty will be shipped per arrangements made with Meta.
- Positions up for election June 2017:
- Meeting adjourned 10:22 pm
Next Meeting – BOD Skype Wednesday November 2, 2016 8:30 PM EST.